Saturday, August 4, 2012

I'm back


Those of you who have been following my blog regularly, might have been worried, for my absence of more than a month.  I’m so sorry.  I will try to catch up in the coming days, by posting a number of posts updating you with what I've been up to.

Indeed the last weeks were very busy for me, busier than ever.  I did some travelling (more on this to follow), but the most important thing was an intensive class on Global Economy & Justice.  I had daily classes, and lots of readings and assignments to do.  This class drained me of all my energies but it was very interesting.  My first interest in Social justice is owed to the topic tackled in this class.  

I learnt a lot and I must admit that now I can see things in a different light.  Before I was exposed to just one side of the coin, but now I can also see the other side.  Perhaps its a coin which has more than two sides....  It was interesting to learn more about Free trade, international markets and institutions such as the IMF, the World Bank and the World trade organization.  It was also interesting to understand better the financial crisis in the light of a historical context.  

I keep realizing the need to learn more on the ways in which we can develop our world in a just and sustainable manner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment