Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I’ll see you in September, Chicago


After about seven months in Chicago, it was time for me to head home for some real summer.  So here I am in Malta, in the sweltering heat, writing my blog in a dark room to avoid being hit by any direct sunlight.

Truly, although the temperature is very hot here, I wouldn’t have missed being here for anything.  I love Maltese summers.  I love being surrounded by the Mediterranean sea.  I love eating all this fresh fruits and sea food, and relaxing by the sea.  I love the fact that I have plenty of scenic beaches to choose from, and most of them are less than a 15 minute drive away.   My favourites are the rocky ones, where the deep water is so clear that you can see the seabed below even if this is metres underwater.  It is also good to see that the water is not as polluted as yet, and that life underwater is still abundant in most of these areas. 
Wied iz-Zurrieq, a deep water creek 5 minutes away from my house

So although this blog is about my experience in Chicago, in the coming days, I will be posting some photos, to share with you, my experience here in Malta too. 

I’ll be back in Chicago in a few weeks, and although I’m enjoying my time here in Malta, I’m also looking forward to all the new things I’ll be doing when I go back.  Until then I hope that you enjoy some of the Maltese scenes I will be posting here.

2 comments: