Saturday, April 14, 2012

Update


Hi,

This week’s blog will be a short update, as I have very limited time.
These coming weeks will be very busy.  I have a lot of work to finish by the end of this month, which happens also to be the end of the semester.  I’ve got a number of assignments and group projects to tackle.  I’m also going round, looking at different places, and hopefully I’ll be staying at a new place in the first week of May.  I’m moving, since sometime ago I’ve realised that the area I’m living in is called The Gold Coast.  And it’s got this name for a reason.  So now I’m looking for a place where the rent is cheaper, and the apartments bigger.  Hope I have luck, because time is really flying. 

Festa Frawli
This weekend in Malta, there’s the Festa Frawli – a festival of strawberries.  I’ve been a number of times to this festival and the strawberries are delicious.  I was jealous of all those people eating good strawberries, so I went out and bought myself a box.  As I’m writing this blog, I’m devouring this box of delicious fruits.  Outside there’s a thunder storm and it’s raining heavily.  The feeling is quite nice.

Springfield
I’m also very excited because Wednesday I’m going to Springfield, which is the capital of the state of Illinois.  I’ll be part of a lobbying trip, and I’m going there to better understand the American system of governance, and how lobbyists influence legislators.  For all Simpsons fans, no unfortunately this is not The Simpsons’ home town.  Apparently just three days ago Matt Groening revealed that Homer’s Springfield is in Oregon.  Definitely news of the trip, will follow in the upcoming blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment