Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ponderings at the end of a busy semester

I’m so happy that finally I submitted all my assignments, and I can now re-organize and clean my room properly.  This week I plan to do some proper filing before it becomes too complex, like my filing project back home in Malta, which will happen only when pigs fly.  Mind you that it is quite possible now, with the advances in Red Bull technology. :P

Now my dilemmas are focusing mainly around laundry issues such as whether I should wash my shirt together with my dyed blue jeans or not.  I'm really afraid the color catchers I've bought won't work.  You might be thinking this is a trivial issue, but the outcome may have economical as well as ecological repercussions.  For instance if I wash everything separately, I will definitely waste a lot of water, and throw into the see a huge amount of detergent.  On the other hand if I ruin my clothes, I will loose some very expensive clothing items.  I don't have a lot of time, but rest assured that such an accident would have dire consequences on the global economy.  I'm in fact wondering whether I should call Cameron, following Obama's advice who said that Cameron is his first call in a crisis.

Speaking about ecological disasters, this week the weather was really crazy.  Sunday I was freezing, in fact I wore my coat and Wednesday and Thursday it was so hot, that I went out with a t-shirt.  Then Friday it was back to cold again, and yesterday evening I was again freezing.  I think the temperature varied some 15 degrees this week, going up and down.  If this is not the effect of climate change, it definitely is some climatic abnormality.  And here I'm serious.  I think we need to do something urgently before it's too late.  

Due to the impending disasters, I plan to go sight seeing in the coming week.  I need to experience Chicago as a tourist, before some environmental melt down wipes the world away.  Will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment