Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Aftermath

Six months ago, I was preparing to close down another chapter in my life – the Chicago chapter.  A chapter which was and will be a significant milestone in my life. 

Looking back I can’t really explain what exactly led me to do this experience, but definitely it was a God sent in its entirety, including this blog.

I have always been a reserved person, and very jealous of my private life, and yet again I don’t know what led me to start writing this blog.  Definitely the idea of keeping in touch and keeping my friends up to date with what I was up to was one of the reasons.   However this blog also provided a window into my experiences to strangers, people whom I’ve never met.  Perhaps I thought I would make some money from the ads, but that never picked up.

I don’t really know who will read this blog, and what effect it will have on them.  I just hope that my sporadic sharing of these experiences will one day inspire people to risk, take the plunge and challenge themselves somehow, to travel, to meet people whom they consider different, and learn from others as much as possible.  Take everything as it comes, with some sense of humour and deep gratitude for both the ups and downs of each experience.  I hope that this in turn will form persons who are more self aware, and more open to different people with differing views.  Who knows maybe something bigger will grow from that.

Now, I’m no longer in Chicago – I can say I’m fully settled back in Malta.  I’m working on my practice, and enjoying everything from my homeland that I missed in the past years. 


I miss Chicago, but I also know that I can never return to that Chicago I've grown to love, because it no longer exists.  Now all my classmates have graduated, the program I was following has been changed.  Some have new jobs and have moved – like I did after all.  I’m not complaining.  This is how our life is made.  We move on from one experience to the other, meeting new people, making new friends.  One can’t dwell on the past, nor dream too much of the future.  We live fully in the present and do our best to make the world a better place everyday.

Wishing you all the best & looking forward to my next visit to a 'new' Chicago,
d

P.S. I might still write something here, every now and then… will see

No comments:

Post a Comment