Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas holidays

I have again abandoned my blog for a while. I'm sorry.  I wasn't idle though.  In fact I have written quite a lot in the last month.  I wrote 3 papers and a number of reflections.  I've also started writing some blogs for the University website.  Here's the link:  

http://blogs.luc.edu/globalambassadors/2012/12/17/studying-social-justice-at-loyola/

You should read it, if you're curious why I decided to come here :)

I've also had to decide what I'm going to do for Christmas.  I decided to stay in Chicago, because although I have no school, I still got loads of work to finish, and not much money left for traveling.  I will still spend some time with some friends in the suburbs, but I'll spend most of my Christmas holidays here in Chicago.  Thus, I decided I need to put up some Christmas decorations in my apartment.  I didn't want to spend any money, since I will need to get rid of everything in a few weeks, and also because this will be my first and last Christmas here. (At least that's the plan so far) 

I managed to get some sort of garland and some plastic ponsiettas.  I also have some christmas baubles which I had designed for WTC (the place where I work).  And the most precious of all is the little baby Jesus I got from Malta.  I'm pleased to say the result is not that bad. 





Now, that I have some Christmas spirit in my apartment, I'm looking forward to the snowfall which has been predicted for today, and ice-skating later this evening.  In the mean-time, I'll burn some wood in the fireplace and take some time to write some more blog entries to update you on what I've been up to in the last month.

In the meantime, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment