Thursday, November 1, 2012

I'm back..


I’m back.  I didn’t go anywhere really and I wasn’t blown away by Sandy either.  This has been probably the busiest period of my stay here in the US so far.  I didn’t have enough time to sit down and write, not even to think.  I was much absorbed that I even froze a ladle in some pasta I wanted to keep for later.  At least I did open the tin foil package before putting everything in the oven.  Hadn’t I done so, it would have surely melted, and ruined my lunch.

This semester is proving to be quite tough, considering I have an average of two reflection papers to write each week, apart from the various readings, and the work for my job.  Mind you, I’m not complaining, I’m enjoying every minute of it, but it’s also draining especially when you add in the cooking and household management.  It was much easier at home where I would always find good food on the plate as soon as I entered the door, fresh and clean linen and clothes, ironed shirts, and a house in which everything was spick and span.  

Obviously I don’t miss home just for these things.  I miss family and friends.  But I’m lucky enough to say that here I have also found new friends, and people which I can call my family.  This is definitely making me feel more at home here in Chicago.  The problem is that from now onwards I’ll be always away from home, even when I’m at home.  That’s why I now have to start considering the World as my home.

PS. Hopefully in the coming days, I will be able to update you with what I have been up to in the last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment